2009/10/22

I love Swimming

I did know how to swim the breaststroke when I was a child. However, I never seriously practiced my swimming skill until this summer. I didn’t even get to any beach and swimming spool for two years. During this summer my gym membership expired, and it’s scorched hot this summer in Taiwan. So I changed my exercise program and made up my mind to improve my swimming technique.

  First of all, I tried to get back the familiarity of the breaststroke, because I had almost forgotten how to breathe in swimming. In the beginning few days of my swimming practice, it was really difficult for me to swim 500m. I felt a bit frustrated since even those middle-aged women could swim better than me. However, I didn’t give up in the initial stage. Because it was really hot outside and there were many slander and hot chicks in the swimming pool during the summer. Swimming pool was doubtless the best place to stay during the summer I thought of. Therefore, I went to swim about two hours a day and three or four days per week. Having been keeping practicing over and over again for around a month or so, I could swim two kilometers at the beginning of August. Although I deemed that is a big breakthrough of my swimming skill, I hoped I can acquire more techniques in this summer.

  Freestyle stroke is another style of swim and is also renowned as the fastest technique. I thought that is why I been overtaken by those who swam the freestyle stroke so often. Thus, I made a decision to learn the technique before the end of the summer, even though no people taught me how to do that. At first, I found out some good video tutorials like below ones.










  After that, I learned from those video step by step how to swim the freestyle stroke such as kicking, pulling and breathing while swimming. Nevertheless, learning the technique was a bit tougher than I thought it would be and it almost took me a month to smoothly swim 50m without exhausting my strength. At any rate, I have been getting hang of some tricks of the freestyle stroke in recent days and feel free and relaxed to swim 1.5 kilometers by using the freestyle stroke up to now.

  Although the summer almost gone in Taiwan, I think my swimming skill has already progressed leaps and bounce, and swimming is undoubtedly becoming to one of my favorite sports and leisure activities. It’s fantastic, isn’t it.

No comments:

Post a Comment